CRUISE FOCUS is committed to protecting your privacy. In accordance with the privacy law, this policy outlines how we manage privacy protection of your personal information.
What personal information do we collect and why do we need it?
To enable us to fulfil our responsibilities as a travel agent we need to collect personal information about you that is relevant to your travel arrangements. We use this information to:
– provide you with travel products and services;
– consider your request for a product or service;
– assist in arrangements and reservations with suppliers (such as airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers) in relation to the provision of a product or service;
– collect and process payments, through us or a third party;
– perform all other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training, and market or customer satisfaction research);
– to facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
– analyse how our products and services (including any websites) are used;
– personalise the service or communication we provide to you, tailor your experience on our website or other websites to your interests and make more appropriate travel recommendations;
– investigate, detect and protect us and other third parties against, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities.
We may also use this information to send you details of other products and services that may be of interest to you. At any time, if you no longer wish to receive this additional marketing material let us know, and your details will be removed from the marketing database.
If we do not collect the personal information we may not be able to provide you with the services or assistance you have requested.
How do we collect the personal information?
We collect the information in person, in writing, by telephone, through our website and by other electronic communication channels. We collect this information through our staff and through our contracted agents and other service providers.
We may need to ask you or others, for example those who make a booking on your behalf, further questions to provide you with the services you have requested.
Who will see or have access to your personal information?
Unless we are required to provide your personal information to others by law, by court order or to investigate suspected fraud or other unlawful activity, your information will only be seen or used by persons working in or for CRUISE FOCUS and our business partners.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
– suppliers of products or services which you have selected (such as cruise lines, airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers);
– third party travel service providers who assist in fulfilling the booking you have made;
– our online booking facility operator and host and others who assist in providing these services;
– third party sponsors or co-sponsors of promotions on our website. Only information collected during a promotion will be disclosed to these parties;
– third parties when we contract out some of our functions and activities, such as our call centre operator and mailing house. In these circumstances, we prohibit third parties from using your personal information, except for the specific purpose for which we supply it; and/or
– Government authorities in the event of an accident, disaster or emergency.
Our information systems and files are kept secured from unauthorised access and our staff and contracted agents and service providers have been informed of the importance we place on protecting your privacy and their role in helping us to do so.
What if I want to check what personal information you hold about me?
Subject to any legal restrictions we would be happy to advise you what personal information we hold about you if you request this. If your request is particularly complex or requires detailed searching of our records, there may be a cost to you in order for us to provide this information.
If you believe there are errors in our records about you, please let us know and we will be happy to investigate and correct any inaccuracies.